The winners for the 2019 Karman Healthcare Mobility Disability Scholarship has been announced. Congratulations to the 2019 scholarship recipients and thank you to everyone that participated! The 2020 scholarship submission is now open. Submissions will be accepted through September 1, 2020.
2020 Mobility Disability Scholarship
Karman Healthcare is proud to announce that we will be providing college and university students with a scholarship opportunity to help them reach their ultimate goals in life.
We will be offering two $500 scholarships for currently enrolled students that meet the requirements.
All academic applicants who meet the criteria are welcome to submit their application to this year’s Karman Healthcare Scholarship Fund.
Good luck and we hope you are the winner!
Pick an experience from your own life and explain how it has influenced your development.
The deadline for 2020 scholarship is September 1, 2020. Please submit the following requirements before the deadline.
Students participating must meet the following criteria:
- Must be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university in the U.S.
- Aged sixteen (16) years or older
- Open to all college, and university students with a mobility disability who use a wheelchair, or other mobility devices on a regular basis.
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 (or equivalent)
*There is a limit of one scholarship per student per year, any student can win the scholarship only once in the same year.
How to Apply
Please send us the following information as requested as below. All documents need to be sent as a .doc, .docx, or .pdf file:
- Statement or transcript of your Grade Point Average (GPA) – unofficial transcripts accepted.
- Submit an essay answering this year’s theme. If you are mailing in your submission, please use standard size 8.5 in. x 11 in. paper to submit your entry. If you are sending your essay via email, it must be typed and saved as a .doc, .docx, or .pdf file.
- Proof of mobility disability i.e. doctor’s note. (applies to daily use of a mobility device.)
- A portrait image of yourself that will be posted online if you are chosen as a winner.
Disclaimer: We will not be able to return any submissions sent to mailing address.
Send all materials to:
Attn: Karman Healthcare Scholarship Fund
19255 San Jose Avenue
City of Industry, CA 91748
Or email all materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is a scholarship?
A scholarship is simply money made available by a sponsor to help a student’s education that you are not expected to repay. They are awarded usually based on achievement or competition.
What counts as proof of admission / enrollment?
By contacting your university, they will be able to help get a document that proves your admission (if you’re about to graduate college or high school) or enrollment (if you’re already a university student) – whichever is appropriate. A timetable for example will be be accepted as proof.
When is the deadline to submit my essay?
September 1st. Entries that are submitted later than this will be automatically rejected.
How will Karman Healthcare choose a winner?
Judges will use a merit-based scoring approach that focuses primarily on the quality of content of your essay and the eligibility of your application. Essays should demonstrate research, personal experience and opinion, critical and creative thinking.
How and when will the winner be announced?
The winner will be informed by phone or e-mail that they are one of the two winners. We will contact your school’s financial aid department to inform them and gather information. This page will also be updated with the winner’s details once the winners have been selected.
How do I receive the scholarship?
We will contact the financial aid / scholarship / bursar or equivalent contact in your university / college who will inform us on how to send a check to them for your school-related expenses.
I’ve got another question. Who can I contact?
Feel free to email questions to email@example.com and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.