Travelers around the world face a number of challenges that guides assist with. The enormous number of guides out there goes to show just how many decisions there are to be made when travelling. Some guides explore different modes of transportation, hotel locations, length of stay. Others touch on locations and sightseeing options. These are just a few of the different decisions travellers face. However, disabled people have those previous decisions to make and more! For those who are blind, deaf and wheelchair bound there are more challenges to tackle when planning a trip. This is when guides really do come in handy. There are a large number of guides that tackle various issues from electrionic aids to international travel. To help the disabled enjoy the travel experience, we have assembled a collection of resources. These websites and guides can be helpful for those with disabilities. Please feel free to visit these sites and we hope you enjoy your travel experience. Blind Travel Resources
- Electronic Travel Aids for Blind People – information and resources for travel aids for blind individuals.
- BlindAid – informative article outlining information about travel aids for the blind.
- Travel Resources – helpful information from the American Council of the Blind.
- International Travel for the Blind – discussion of the obstacles facing travelers who are blind or vision impaired.
Deaf Travel Resources
- Deaf Travel Information – informative resource on topics of importance to deaf travelers.
- Transportation and Travel – helpful information on travel and transportation issues for deaf travelers.
- Deaf Travel – resource discussing issued of hearing impaired travelers.
- Deaf Resources – collection of resources for deaf travelers.
- Travel Ideas – information and suggestions on travel for deaf individuals.
Wheelchair Travel Resources
- Vacationing – helpful information on travel arrangements for people in manual wheelchairs.
- Disabled Travel – useful resource aimed at the disabled traveler.
- Disability Travel – disability travel and recreation resources are discussed.
- Travel Resources – information on travel for individuals with disabilities.
- Wheelchair Air Travel – helpful website providing information to air travelers with wheelchairs.
Travel Accessibility Resources
- Access for Disabled People – useful information about accessibility for disabled travelers.
- Handicap Access – website containing information on access for handicapped travelers.
- Disabled Resources – information on travel resources for the disabled.
- Disabled Travel – helpful information on US based disabled travel information.
- Resources for Disabled Travelers – information and resources on disabled travelers.
Handicapped Travel Resources
- Disability Resources – information and resources on disabled travel.
- Disability Resources – references on disabilities and travel.
- Travelers with Medical Conditions – informative article discussing handicapped travelers with medical conditions.
- Disability Information – collection of information and resources on disabled.
If you find this article useful, please free feel to link or reuse it. All we ask is for a credit back to our site.This article is brought to you by 1800wheelchair; we offer transport chairs, power wheelchairs,mobility scooters, & walkers.