No products in the cart.
Obamacare or the Affordable Care Act is going to have positive changes for wheelchair users and millions of Americans that have a disability.
Previously, most people with disabilities could not get health insurance due to their pre-existing conditions and if they did have insurance, they could possibly face exclusions, reduced benefits and possibly having the coverage cancelled.
Some Changes were Made that Cater to You
Wheelchair users and those with disabilities can now get and keep insurance coverage thanks to The Affordable Care Act. The following are some changes you can expect:
- Insurance providers are not allowed to deny you insurance coverage if you have a pre-existing disability. Beginning in 2014, insurance companies cannot charge higher premiums for those who have a disability or pre-existing condition.
- Insurance providers will not be allowed to set a lifetime monetary limit on insurance coverage.
- States will get extra money for home and community based health care. This means that those who have a disability will find it easier to keep living independently as opposed to having to go to a nursing or assisted-living institute.
- The act creates new conditions for medical diagnoses, thus improving medical care delivery.
- Medicaid insurance coverage will be broadened to encompass more people.
- Should you get sick, your insurance provider will not be able to rescind your insurance simply because you made an error on your application
- Under the act you have more access to screenings along with well-care services which are co-payment and deductible-free.
For those with disabilities affordable health care is paramount and getting improved access will make their lives better and easier. So if you are in need of wheelchairs, scooters, vehicle lifts or lift chairs, there are many medical supply stores that offer high quality mobility equipment for sale and related services.
A quick Google search will show you the ones in your immediate area.
Please fill out the form below to receive information regarding your inquiry. You can give us a call at 1-800-80-KARMA, or please bare with us while we reply to your inquiry.