This page contains information regarding Wheelchairs in [page_title] Accessibility and other related information. You can click these links to visit specific sections on this resource page.
Resources from Disability Rights [page_title]
Resources from [page_title] organizations
- Assistive Technology of [page_title] (services include computer re-purchase program, device lending library, AT equipment trading post)
- Assistive Technology Services – Miami Valley
- Funding for Generators – Steps for Acquiring Funding through the Ohio Home Care Program
- Ohio Center for Autism and Low Incidence – Assistive Technology
Resources from national organizations
- Able People Foundation
- AbleGamers Foundation
- Accessible Technology Coalition
- Alternatives in Motion
- Assistive Technology Training Online Project
- Association of Blind Citizens – Assistive Technology Fund
- Closing the Gap
- Compendium of Home Modification and Assistive Technology Policy and Practice Across the States
- Disability.gov – Assistive Technology
- Family Center on Technology and Disability
- Family Information Guide to Assistive Technology
- FCC’s Accessibility Clearinghouse
- Independence Through Enhancement of Medicare and Medicaid (ITEM) Coalition
- Let’s Play! Projects
- National Assistive Technology Research Institute
- ParentPals.com – Assistive Technology section
- Pass It On Center
- Reuse Your AT
- The Alliance for Technology Access
- The Open Prosthetics Project
- Tots ‘n Tech
When a service member is released from active duty, the Department of Defense notifies the US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The VA then sends a letter with information about VA benefits and assistance to aid in the transition to civilian life. However, especially for veterans with disabilities, finding out about and applying for services is often difficult. The following are links to resources that may help you in getting started with finding and applying for services that you and your family may qualify for.
Know your rights: The U.S. Department of Justice offers a publication that explains the rights of returning service members with disabilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and provides information on where to get assistance. Read the publication: ADA: Know Your Rights – Returning Service Members with Disabilities. See also the VA’s Patient and Nursing Home Resident Rights and Responsibilities.
In Ohio: Contact your County Veterans Service Office. The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services – Veterans with Disabilities Resources also provides information.
Apply online: The VONAPP (Veterans On Line Application) website is an official U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) website where service members, veterans and their beneficiaries, and other designated individuals can apply for benefits online. Check for other programs to apply for on the VA’s eBenefits website.
Call the VA: You can call the VA at 1-800-827-1000 (for benefits information) and 1-877-222-8387 (for health care eligibility information). You can also visit the VA’s Returning Service Members Web site.
Apply for Social Security benefits: The Social Security Administration offers expedited processing of Disability claims for veterans and military personnel who became disabled while on active military service on or after October 1, 2001. Social Security benefits are different than those from the VA and require a separate application. For more information visit theDisability Benefits For Wounded Warriors section of Social Security’s Web site.
[page_title] Online Resource Directories:
- Federal Benefits for Veterans, Dependents and Survivors (VA)
- Make the Connection (VA)
- National Resource Directory (Departments of Defense, Labor and Veterans Affairs)
- The American Veterans’ and Servicemembers’ Survival Guide (Veterans for America)
- We Stand Together – Warrior Care (Department of Defense)
Booklets and fact sheets:
- Benefits and Employment Services for Veterans with Disabilities (PDF file)
- Benefits Fact Sheets – Veterans with Service-Connected Disabilities
- Compensation and Benefits Handbook For Seriously Ill and Injured Members of the Armed Forces (PDF file)
- Engaging Veterans and Families to Enhance Service Delivery: A Tool Kit for Community-Based Organizations (PDF file)
- Hazardous Exposures
- Veterans’ Benefits: An Overview of Benefits for Disabled Veterans
Access Travel Centers Travel Tools
Everything you need for a smooth travel experience is here. You’ll appreciate our free, useful travel tools, and the terrific services we’ve put online for your use.
Airline and Airport Links Worldwide
Airlines Phone Numbers Plus Toll Free International Airline Numbers
Thirty Thousand Feet is an aviation directory with thousands of links to aviation web pages, general aviation information news, facts.
Search Thousands of Great Deals Flights, Cars, Lodging, Cruises, Insurance, Groups Featured Specials.
Special Needs Air Travel
Access for the Disabled to Airports
Air Travel with Service Dogs
Access for the Disabled to Airports
Travel Sense Accessible Travel Tips
Hundreds of Things To Do Gui in Ohio Zoos, Aquariums, Theme Parks, Events, Fairs, Museums, Arts, Parks, Regional, Historic Sites, Wineries, Breweries, Casinos.
Discover Ohio Provides information on lodging, attractions, places to visit, and events.
Travel Ohio you can quickly plan your next trip. If you are interested in visiting a particular region of Ohio, select that region.
World Web Discover Ohio Travel guides & vacations planner for Ohio.
Ohio Governor’s Council on People with Disabilities
Cuyahoga Valley National Park
Accessible Travel & Hospitality
National Accessible Travelers Data Base
Travel.org Connecticut Find Resorts, Hotels, and Fun!
Frommer’s Travel For people with special needs
State Tourism Offices U.S. States Accessible Travel
Disability Travel Worldwide Resources
Scooters and Wheelchair Rentals
When We Travel Ohio Wheelchair Accessible Hotels
When We Travel Wheelchair Accessible Hotels Find hotel rooms from over 70,000 hotels around the world. Search by hotel, price range, rating, and even amenities.
Access Hotels Master Lists Amenities offered by hotel-motel chains to meet the needs of the disabled could vary. When making reservations, check with the hotel-motel at your destination to make sure your special needs can be met.
Mobility Advisor Wheelchair Accessible Hotels Tips on Finding the Right
Wheel Chair Accessible Hotel
Find Ratings and Reviews for Perrysburg, Ohio hotels from Expedia, Hotels.com and Virtual Tourist . . . all in one place!
Kango Your first step to a great trip!
Mobility Advisor Wheelchair Accessible Hotels Tips on Finding the Right Wheel Chair Accessible Hotel
Luxique Boutique Hotels
Choose & book a luxury boutique hotel with Luxique. We have access to over 2000 unique luxury hotels & villas from around the world.
Fodor’s Disabilities & Accessibility
Reservations Motel Directory Plus Travel Guide.
All the Hotels on the Web 120,000 luxury & discount hotels worldwide
Hotels-by-City for U.S. Canada & Europe
Hotel Guide – Over 65,000 Hotels Worldwide
Information provided by Ohio Access Travel Center