No products in the cart.
For travelers around the world, they face a number of challenges. Decisions such as what mode of transportation to choose, how long to stay, where to stay and what to do when traveling are just a few of the common questions that travelers need to face. These are questions which can have an impact on the quality of the business or pleasure travel.
However, disabled people not only have these challenges to face, but a number of other concerns. Disabled people who are blind, deaf and are wheelchair bound face additional challenges. Issues such as accessibility, being able to understand words that are spoken or written can make travel doubly difficult.
To help the disabled be able to enjoy the travel experience, we have assembled a collection of resources. These web sites can be helpful for travelers with disabilities. Please feel free to visit these sites and we hope you enjoy your travel experience.
Blind Travel Resources
- Electronic Travel Aids for Blind People – information and resources for travel aids for blind individuals.
- BlindAid – informative article outlining information about travel aids for the blind.
- Travel Resources – helpful information from the American Council of the Blind.
- International Travel for the Blind – discussion of the obstacles facing travelers who are blind or vision impaired.
Deaf Travel Resources
- Deaf Travel Information – informative resource on topics of importance to deaf travelers.
- Transportation and Travel – helpful information on travel and transportation issues for deaf travelers.
- Deaf Travel – resource discussing issued of hearing impaired travelers.
- Deaf Resources – collection of resources for deaf travelers.
- Travel Ideas – information and suggestions on travel for deaf individuals.
Wheelchair Travel Resources
- Vacationing – helpful information on travel arrangements for people in manual wheelchairs.
- Disabled Travel – useful resource aimed at the disabled traveler.
- Disability Travel – disability travel and recreation resources are discussed.
- Travel Resources – information on travel for individuals with disabilities.
- Wheelchair Air Travel – helpful website providing information to air travelers with wheelchairs.
Travel Accessibility Resources
- Access for Disabled People – useful information about accessibility for disabled travelers.
- Handicap Access – website containing information on access for handicapped travelers.
- Disabled Resources – information on travel resources for the disabled.
- Disabled Travel – helpful information on US based disabled travel information.
- Resources for Disabled Travelers – information and resources on disabled travelers.
Handicapped Travel Resources
- Disability Resources – information and resources on disabled travel.
- Disability Resources – references on disabilities and travel.
- Disability Travel Resources – helpful collection of resources on disability travel.
- Disability Information – collection of information and resources on disabled.
- Travelers with Medical Conditions – informative article discussing handicapped travelers with medical conditions.
If you find this article useful, please free feel to link or reuse it. All we ask is for a credit back to our site.